Virgin Internet DOWN Across PORTSWOOD

Students across Portswood have been left angry, again, after Virgin Media has crashed leaving residents with no Internet. The problem was reported to Virgin at 8:45am, and they have apparently […]

Students across Portswood have been left angry, again, after Virgin Media has crashed leaving residents with no Internet.

The problem was reported to Virgin at 8:45am, and they have apparently sent out engineers to look at the issue. They are hoping to have the problem fixed by 12:50pm.

First Vodafone, now this!

First Vodafone, now this!

The vast majority of students in the Portswood area are with Virgin, as in September they offered significantly cheaper student deals, yet there have been a whole host of connection problems over the past few months.

This Virgin downtime comes as students are busy revising for Summer exams, and as a customer myself, I can understand why students are so irritated.

To check on the status of your connection, along with any updates on fixes, go to https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

***UPDATES***

The current downtime is apparently due to “planned maintenance between 8am-5pm” by Virgin Media to improve connections in the area. Virgin are encouraging those affected by this to call 01264 401402.

The new fix time is Tuesday 14th May, 9pm.