More City Centre Student Flats To Be Developed

Students in Southampton will need to look no further for next year’s accommodation with the construction of over 100 new studio apartments in the heart of the city. Park House […]

Students in Southampton will need to look no further for next year’s accommodation with the construction of over 100 new studio apartments in the heart of the city.

Park House is the latest private residential building to be acquired by Unilife, a company which specialises in providing the perfect living environment for university students.

There are five different sized rooms to choose from in the Above Bar building, each boasting its own bathroom and kitchen area, with a big comfy double bed, a dining area and wifi access throughout the building, as well as full CCTV monitoring and on-site laundry facilities.

What the studio flats are expected to look like

Similar to Unilife’s existing building further down the High Street, residents are perfectly positioned to enjoy the great shopping and nightlife Southampton has to offer, while still being close to their campus. The Park House residents will also benefit from fantastic views across the picturesque Palmerston Park.

Sam Wilson, lettings manager for Southampton, said, “We are already getting enquiries from students looking to book for the 2013 academic year, so it’s really exciting to know that we will soon have lots more rooms available.

Park House is right in the centre of town, with excellent links to everything students will need in Southampton, whether in their first or final year. Every aspect of our business has students in mind, from the in house security and facilities to the all inclusive and affordable monthly cost. With so many happy residents we’re confident filling the new rooms will not be a problem, so it’s worth booking soon!

The building, which is located above the Que Pasa bar and restaurant in Above Bar, was previously used for offices, and work to covert the space into Unilife studio apartments has already begun. Work will be completed in August 2013.

This is not the only development of student accommodation going in the city centre, the University have begun construction on a new halls site called Mayflower Plaza whilst another private development is on the cards at Orion’s Point.