Talking Heads BLAZE

Late Tuesday night, a fire was discovered at The Talking Heads on Portswood Road. An eagle-eyed neighbour spotted the blaze at the rear of the building next to the stage […]

Late Tuesday night, a fire was discovered at The Talking Heads on Portswood Road.

The fire at the side of the building

An eagle-eyed neighbour spotted the blaze at the rear of the building next to the stage entrance. Picnic tables and even a GAS CYLINDER were spotted amongst the flames.

The front of the venue does not appear to have been affected, but it is likely to have suffered from smoke damage.

This fire is the latest problem to befall the venue which was forced to shut down just after the new year. Investors in the Talking Heads have been found and the venue was supposed to re-open on the 13th of April, a date which may now have to be pushed back.

A selection of images from the fire can be found on our Flickr page.

UPDATE: We’ve just heard from the cops that the evidence suggests that the blaze was the result of an arson incident. If you have any information about the fire, get in contact with Southampton Constabulary as soon as possible.