Sabbatical Quits

Simon Protheroe, Vice President Winchester and Sites, resigned yesterday from his position as a sabbatical officer, citing health and academic reasons. This will come as a blow to already disenfranchised […]

Unrepresented: Winchester Campus

Simon Protheroe, Vice President Winchester and Sites, resigned yesterday from his position as a sabbatical officer, citing health and academic reasons.

This will come as a blow to already disenfranchised Winchester students, who are due to have their elected sabbatical officer representation removed from next year.

It is expected there will be a by-election to fill the post Simon has left empty. It remains to be seen if the two unsuccessful candidates from last year, Sophie Rakow and Joe Ellis, will re-run.

The election of Mr Protheroe was the closest run in last years Elections, gaining only 15 more votes than second place candidate Joe Ellis. There is a feeling in Winchester that a WSA-based student would have been better than a National Oceanography Centre student for the job, as they would understand better the challenges faced by students from such a unique satellite site.