Sheffield Hallam business alumni sets up new property search app

The multi-billionaire is also co-founder of Pretty Little Thing and BooHoo

Former Hallam student Adam Kamani, who now hails from a successful fashion background, has created the Movestreets App to make the process of finding a property much quicker and easier.

He said his vision for the app in Sheffield is to create a “seamless experience” for users, starting from the City Centre before moving out into wider areas.

Similar to Tinder, Movestreets allows you to swipe right for properties until you find a match. If users dislike a property, then it’s removed from their searches and no longer appears in the app.

Users can also develop a search string which allows them to find the house or flat they are looking for. Movestreets is spreading rapidly across the UK with over thousands of downloads and matches. Currently, all agents are entitled to free listings on all properties for 12 months.

The multi-billionaire, who studied international hospitality and business at Sheffield Hallam, lived at Devonshire Courtyard in his first year before moving to Portland Tower on West Street for the rest of his studies.

Kamani told The Star he found the process of finding accommodation in Sheffield “long and back-and-forth”. He added that his experience as a student was very useful, as his time in Sheffield taught him how to “toughen up and be independent”.

Released in August last year, Kamani’s vision for the app is to become bigger than Zoopla and Rightmove by “planning out a roadmap” to further develop the app.

Arnold Emelone, Account Manager for Movestreets told The Star: “The plan for the Movestreets App is to become the best tech advanced platform for any and every user when searching for a property.”

Aside from Sheffield, the Movestreets sales team will be focusing on other big cities including Nottingham, Leeds and Birmingham.

Kamani said: “There’s still a lot more work to be done. However, I am grateful to have great teams and support. If we keep thinking positively and building on what we have, then we are able to achieve all kinds of successes.”

For more information, visit http://www.movestreets.com

photo credit: @adamkamani on Instagram