Sheffield University’s SU voted best in the UK

‘We are bursting with pride’

Sheffield University’s Student’s Union has been voted the best in the UK for the second year running. 

The SU was voted number one in the country in the 2021 Student Crowd University Awards.

This is the only award for UK universities in which the outcome is based 100 per cent on student reviews to determine its winners.

In this year’s awards, voting turnout included over 19,000 students.

Evie Croxford, The 2021/22 SU President said: “Our SU really is second to none and this is felt widely across the student community. We are powered by students, and this has gotten us through the pandemic.

She added: “Our students, along with the dedicated and brilliant SU staff, have done so much to bring the student community together in these testing times. It is wonderful to see their work recognised with this award. We are bursting with pride.”

Over the years, Sheffield University has won many awards for their SU, including being voted as the best SU for the fourth time in a row in the 2020 Whatuni Student Choice Awards.

Sheffield Uni’s SU was also ranked number one in the UK in 2020 by Student Hut and held an impressive legacy as the top ranked SU in the country from 2008 to 2018 in Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.

Recommended stories by the writer:

Singer Ellie Goulding wears dress designed by Sheffield Hallam Graduate

SHU students launch business making plant pots from plastics found in Sheffield’s rivers

‘I forgot Covid existed’: What it was actually like to go to Tramlines Festival 2021