Tier Three restrictions force The Leadmill to sell remaining alcohol stock

New coronavirus restrictions have forced many venues to close.

South Yorkshire’s Tier Three lockdown, imposed last Saturday, was a new blow to local businesses already suffering coronavirus restrictions, with venues not serving ‘substantial meals’ forced to close.

Speaking to the Tab, The Leadmill stated that local businesses have to ‘hold on to any income streams’ available. The venue has therefore opened ‘The Leadmill Off License’ in the hopes of maintaining what is normally their primary source of income, alcohol sales.

The ‘Off License’ stocks a variety of ciders, beers and IPAs at discounted prices, with 12 Old Mout ciders for £18, or 24 cans of Guiness for £37.80. Each item can be ordered online to be collected from the Box Office 12-5pm on weekdays.

With many venues such as the Leadmill forced to close their doors, the city centre is very quiet. Tiger Works, Molly Malones and West Street Live are also temporarily shut following an influx of drinkers last Friday, who enjoyed one last night out before Tier Three came into place.

The Leadmill expressed their concern over the impact of Tier Three restrictions stating that it will ‘really badly impact’ businesses that were ‘operating in such a safe and regulated way’.

But with 458.4 new cases per 100,000 people this week, Sheffield may be quiet for a long time. In spite of this, the Leadmill remains hopeful, ‘We had five weeks of amazing, safe and fun events and can’t wait to get back to doing them, the very second that we’re allowed’.

Featured image taken from @Leadmill on Twitter.