Image may contain: Street, Metropolis, Road, Downtown, Town, City, Urban, Person, Human, Architecture, Convention Center, Office Building, Building

All Sheffield Hallam libraries are closing tonight

Uni really is out for summer

Both the Adsetts and Collegiate libraries are to close this evening until further notice over the coronavirus crisis.

Sheffield Hallam University has made the decision in response to the government’s COVID-19 social distancing guidance, which tells everyone to keep 6ft apart and avoid large gatherings to stem the pandemic.

Initially Hallam, which has closed all campus buildings for the foreseeable future, insisted libraries would remain open.

Following today’s decision, all libraries will shut from 5pm, due dates for books have been extended until 1 June and more electronic resources will be available, Hallam said.

Further information about the closure is available on the SHU online guide, which offers students links to their course reading lists and referencing guides.

Hallamhelp is also available for any student who is concerned about not being able to access resources to complete assignments or exam preparation.

You can contact Hallamhelp through Twitter @Hallamhelp or email them at [email protected].

It comes after the Uni of Sheffield shut all its libraries last week and broke up for Easter vacation a fortnight early due to the pandemic.

Both of the city’s unis have cancelled classes and moved all face-to-face teaching online. Hallam has also said exams will be sat online “wherever possible”.

Confirmed Covid-19 cases in Sheffield jumped by 21 – their highest daily increase – to 82 on Sunday, with at least one death confirmed. Nationally, the death toll currently stands at 281, with 5,683 cases.