There’s a churros bar opening in Meadowhall

The team behind a Spanish tapas chain are bringing Meadowhall its first ever churros bar next week.  Sweet tooth shoppers will be able to tuck into the fried dough pastry […]

The team behind a Spanish tapas chain are bringing Meadowhall its first ever churros bar next week. 

Sweet tooth shoppers will be able to tuck into the fried dough pastry when the bar opens its doors on Wednesday 16 March.

Opening up under the Tapas Revolution brand, the bar will have its own space within the popular retail spot dedicated to serving the fresh European snack.

Thought to have originated after the Portuguese travelled to the Orient,  churros is known for its crunchy ridged surface and prism shape, finished off with a dusting of sugar.

Available for breakfast in Spain and Latin America,  the doughnut- like treat is commonly served with a hot chocolate or dulce de leche sauce for dipping.

With restaurants in Westfield and Bluewater, Tapas Revolution will welcome customers to both its churros and main tapas eatery on the same day.

As the first of his restaurants to open in the North, Spanish chef Omar Allibhoy hopes to add something to the dining scene in the city, raising the quality of Spanish cuisine in the UK.