Vote: What’s the best burger in Sheffield?

So important

Sheffield is synonymous with a lot of things: hills, Henderson’s relish and Richard Hawley to name a few, but for many of us, the burger scene is by far the city’s stand out feature. 

With up and coming bespoke burgers to choose from on quite literally every corner now, it’s time to decide which delicious offering comes out on on top.

Bungalow and Bears

Arguably one of the most popular burger hotspots in the Steel City, the Division Street burger emporium is famed for its vast selection of rogue toppings, from peanut butter to mac and cheese and pineapple to hummus. The most recent menu has gone more upmarket than previous offerings, with the Farmyard Burger offering beef patty, pork confit, rarebit & a fried egg for only £9.95. But no doubt about it, the creme de la resistance of B&B’s is the fully loaded: pulled pork, Hot & Kickin’ chicken, emmental cheese, beef patty and smoked chipotle jelly, piled jaw achingly high and oozing with flavour, available for half the price on their irresistible two for one Tuesdays too.

Are you honestly alright

Cavendish

Priced at £6.45, it is hard to go wrong with the Cavendish burger, which despite its slightly unoriginal name has an artistic feel as to how it is served onto the table. Topped with bacon, melted cheese, fried house onion and bbq sauce, this is your classic go-to burger. The chips on the side (or in a cup as you can see) are skinny and delicate- a good alternative to those who dislike chunky chips.

The sesame seeded bun is soft and tender, but the burger has a solid and chewy texture to it, although slightly saltier than other offerings . Reasonably priced and served with decent side dishes, this classical burger is always a fair choice for filling up your stomach.

Great set up

Beehive

It’s almost unbelievable, but on Tuesdays this juicy cheddar cheese and bacon beef burger costs only £4 with a drink of your choice, including a pint. You even get to choose your burger from a selection, with offerings like pulled-pork or the inferno up for grabs. The thin chips on the side are nicely fried, and most importantly – abundant. The tangy burger relish included is also a nice touch to the whole taste test. The burger itself, with fresh onions stuffed in between, is fairly chewy and has a strong aroma to it. The cheese is arguably a little sparse, but at a price like this you can’t really complain.

Going for it

The Harley

Another staple burger emporium and a convenient proximity to the IC, the Twisted Burger Company offerings at The Harley are one of the Steel City’s most hallowed snacks. They use locally sourced produce to to create delights such as the Pig Daddy Kane: double beef, american cheese, pulled pork, and chorizo and apple jam, and notably equally as favoured vegetarian options like The Hallouminati. Even better, not only can you order the burgers throughout their club nights with the kitchen open till the early hours, but you can now have them in the comfort of your own home thanks to Deliveroo.

Food porn

Doctor’s Orders

Doctor’s Orders, the pub just behind the Octagon, has seen a recent revival in terms of burgers. Populated mostly by clubs and societies, its classic beef burger is truly a hidden gem. At just £7.45 you can’t argue with the tenderness – it quite literally melts right inside the mouth. On top of that, this burger does not contain your typical bbq sauce, but instead a special sauce that has a seductive, lingering taste to it. The chunky chips on the side are nicely salted, and just don’t feel like your generic chips. It’s the sort of burger you want to stuff in your face so quickly you lose all regard for table manners.

Too hungry for table manners