Royal Holloway rises 10 places in Guardian UK university league table

And we’re third best in the country for physics!

Royal Holloway has risen 10 places in the Guardian’s Best UK Universities league table this year.

The College now ranks as 32nd-best in the U.K., ahead of varsity rivals Surrey, which ranks as 54th-best.

Principal Professor Paul Lazyell said: “This ranking is a clear endorsement of our approach, and is a testament to the contribution and achievements of our students and staff.”

Physics, which is the University’s best subject, is ranked as 3rd- best in the U.K.

Nine other courses at the University are also ranked in the top 20, including english, which is ranked ninth-best, and classics, which is ranked fifteenth-best.

Royal Holloway was awarded an overall score of 63.9/100 by the newspaper’s prestigious league table, which is calculated by considering a range of factors such as course satisfaction rates and quality of teaching as well as course continuation and graduate employability.

88% of Royal Holloway students say that they are satisfied with the overall quality of their course and 86% report feeling satisfied with the overall quality of teaching, according to results from the National Student Survey, which students answer in their final year. The results from the survey have outperformed the average for the third year in a row.

The College has few drop-outs, with 95% of students continuing their course past the first year.

Graduate prospects also fare pretty well, with 79% of graduates finding graduate-level employment or going onto complete further studies within 15 months of graduating.

Royal Holloway has achieved favourable rankings in other University league tables too. Last year, the University rose 6 places in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, becoming a top 20 UK university.