18 year old charged with grievous bodily harm after two men stabbed in Notts city centre

He will appear in court in March

An 18 year old man has been charged with two counts of grievous bodily harm with intent after allegedly stabbing two men in Nottingham.

The stabbings took place after a large fight in Stoney Street in Nottingham’s city centre on 5th December last year. A fight also broke out on Upper Parliament Street, while an assault took place on Broadway.

The two male victims were stabbed in their legs and received treatment in hospital.

The man was also charged with violent disorder and possession of a bladed article in a public place.

The police were called to the scene at 3:30am and arrested eight further people in relation to the event; six men between the ages of 19-42 and two women who were arrested on suspicion of affray.

The 18 year old supposed perpetrator appeared in Nottingham Crown Court on Friday and will appear in the same court again in March.

Det Con Emma Lamb said: “Whenever weapons and violence are used in incidents there is always the potential for serious consequences which is why the force treats all reports of this nature with the utmost seriousness.

“Officers swiftly responded to these reports and as a result of our extensive investigation we have made a number of arrests and a man has appeared in court charged with offences.”

• Man charged with attempted murder after Nottingham Trent staff member stabbed on campus

• Man arrested following stabbing on NTU’s Clifton Campus this morning

• Police have shut down a house dubbed as a ‘drugs den’ on Kimbolton Avenue