Police have shut down a house dubbed as a ‘drugs den’ on Kimbolton Avenue

The Lenton property has been boarded up

A house on Kimbolton Avenue has been boarded up after being used as a ‘drugs den’, police say.

Nottinghamshire Police have reported the residents of the property have been evicted following numerous reports of drug use and anti-social behaviour inside and outside of the house.

A court has ordered for a three month closure, which makes it an offence for anyone to enter or remain on the premises.

The Tab Nottingham previously reported that ‘a small quantity of Class A drugs’ had been been found at the property during a police raid.

In a post made to the Nottinghamshire Police’s Facebook, Sergeant Bruce Clarke reported: “The past year has been a nightmare for residents. They have been disturbed at all hours of the day and some have been afraid to leave their own homes.

“As well as drug-related activity, we’ve had reports of fighting, shouting and concerns about sex workers operating from the address.

“I am delighted Nottingham Magistrates’ Court has granted the closure order. After months of distress, I’m glad some quality of life has now been returned to the local residents.”

The Tab Nottingham has contacted Nottinghamshire Police for comment. 

• ‘Small quantity of class A drugs’ found in house raided on Kimbolton Avenue

• Man arrested following stabbing on NTU’s Clifton Campus this morning

• Police on the scene and students evacuated from a building at NTU’s Clifton Campus