Breaking News

Man arrested following stabbing on NTU’s Clifton Campus this morning

The victim’s injuries are not thought to be life threatening

A suspect has been arrested after a man was stabbed on Nottingham Trent’s Clifton Campus this morning.

In statement made to their Twitter, Nottinghamshire Police reported the arrest of a 40 year old man at 10.41am this morning, who remains in custody.

The victim has been hospitalised but his injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

In a statement on Nottinghamshire Police’s website, Detective Chief Inspector Richard Bull said  “We are still at the very early stages of our investigation and our thoughts at this time are with the victim and his family, who have been contacted.

“We are working hard to understand what happened but do believe this to be an isolated incident.”

In statement made to The Tab Nottingham, a Nottingham Trent University spokesperson said: “We are working with Nottinghamshire Police with regards to an incident that occurred earlier this morning on our Clifton Campus. We are offering support to any students and colleagues who may have been affected.”

The Tab Nottingham has contacted Nottinghamshire Police for comment.

This is a breaking news article and will be updated as more information becomes available. If you have any information then please contact The Tab Nottingham on Instagram or Facebook.