‘Small quantity of class A drugs’ found in house raided on Kimbolton Avenue

A formal statement was released following the raid on May 28th

A “small quantity of what are believed to be Class A drugs”, were found during a house raid on Kimbolton Avenue last week, Nottinghamshire Police confirmed in a statement to The Tab Notts.

Possession of Class A drugs can result in up to seven years jail time.

In a video recorded by a resident last week, multiple police officers appeared to knock down the door of a house on Kimbolton Avenue.

Nottinghamshire Police issued the following statement to The Tab Notts: “Officers attended a property in Kimbolton Avenue, Lenton, shortly after 2.30pm on Thursday and executed a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

“Inside they found cash and a small quantity of what are believed to be class A drugs.

“Nobody was arrested and investigations are ongoing. Nottinghamshire Police takes a proactive approach to combating suspected drug related crime and regularly carries out search warrants in response to community intelligence.

“If you are concerned about an address near you please call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously.”

Related stories recommended by this author:

• Police raid house on Kimbolton Avenue in Lenton

• Lenton’s original Banksy artwork has been unveiled at a museum in Suffolk

• After brain tumour surgery, this NTU student is running 13 miles to raise awareness