Police raid house on Kimbolton Avenue in Lenton

The Kimbo curse strikes again

A police raid was reportedly carried out at a house on Kimbolton Avenue yesterday afternoon.

A van and multiple police officers arrived on the scene at Kimbolton Avenue before knocking down the door. In video footage of the incident the door appears to have been left off its hinges as a police officer is seen holding it.

In a statement acquired by The The Tab Notts, Nottinghamshire Police say the raid was executed with a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act and a small quantity of what are believed to be class A drugs were found.

Residents on the road reported seeing smashed windows and the door to the property left off its hinges. They say the front windows to the house had previously been blacked out with posters, preventing pedestrians seeing in, but witnesses reported that during the raid police tore down everything that was blocking the windows.

The incident drew many residents out of their houses and, for most, it was their first time getting a look inside.

Residents of Kimbolton Avenue were left wondering what has triggered the incident. A subsequent statement from Nottinghamshire Police confirmed the raid was carried out with a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act. A small quantity of what are believed to be class A drugs were found.

According to eye witnesses who live on the road, police have previously visited the property.

Nottinghamshire Police issued the following statement to The Tab Notts: “Officers attended a property in Kimbolton Avenue, Lenton, shortly after 2.30pm on Thursday and executed a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

“Inside they found cash and a small quantity of what are believed to be class A drugs.

“Nobody was arrested and investigations are ongoing. Nottinghamshire Police takes a proactive approach to combating suspected drug related crime and regularly carries out search warrants in response to community intelligence.

“If you are concerned about an address near you please call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously.”

Related stories recommended by this author:

• Lenton’s original Banksy artwork has been unveiled at a museum in Suffolk

• After brain tumour surgery, this NTU student is running 13 miles to raise awareness

• Ambulances on the scene: How the Notts protest in support of Palestinians went down