You Tell Us: Top 5 Budget Fashion and Shopping Tips

We asked UEA students to give us their tips for shopping on a budget…

budget eBay fashion shopping vintage

1. eBay. It can bring out an incredibly competitive streak in the calmest of us, but you can snap up some great bargains. Plus there’s the added bonus of being able to sell your own unwanted items and fund your shopping habit.

2. Look in potentially unexpected places such as Army surplus stores. (Charlotte Petrie-Wood, Psychology) If you’re into the military look, you can’t beat the real deal. Charlotte bought this genuine army jacket from the army surplus store on Dereham Road for just a tenner.

The genuine article: vintage army jacket for £10

3.Shop tactically (Charis Turner, Business Management). Buy separates rather than dresses for nights out. You can mix and match them, and it’ll be less obvious when you recycle the same pieces night after night.

4. Swapping with friends. If you’re similar sizes, your wardrobe possibilities immediately double.

5. Charity Shops. (Abigail Craig, Social Work) If you’re not opposed to second hand clothing, some great deals can be found in the Cancer Research and Oxfam shops. This same principle goes for vintage shopping, although this can be pricier as it’s seen as being more desirable.

Abigail Craig, one of our best dressed from freshers week in her charity shop purchase