Image may contain: Face, Pants, Man, Footwear, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

RAG Fashion Show: Meet the Models

It’s happening tonight!

Newcastle University throws an annual RAG show, raising funds for different charities each year.

The fashion show runs tonight from 7pm at the SU and tickets can be bought on the door for just £6, make sure to get yourselves down there if you are free this evening!

This year they are raising money for Tyneside and Northumberland Rape Crisis.

The RAG walk will feature high street, vintage and local brands, all modelled by students!

We will be heading down to the event tonight so keep your eye on our Instagram story for all the live action.

The Newcastle Tab spoke to the models who will be strutting their stuff!

Tom, 2nd year PHD, Maths

Image may contain: Face, Sleeve, Pants, Man, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

Why did you want to do the RAG fashion show?: "I’ve done pretty much every other RAG event and wanted to complete the set"

Favourite Model: The stochastic kinetic model

Cameron, 4th year, Urban Planning

Image may contain: Man, Face, Person, Human

Why did you want to do the RAG fashion show?: "I have to prove this old man can still keep up with the new kids."

Favourite Model: Johnny Sins "not simply just a model, an astronaut, a teacher, a police officer, a doctor, an inspiration to us all."

Annie, Postgrad, Banking and Finance

Image may contain: Sleeve, Gown, Evening Dress, Robe, Fashion, Woman, Person, Female, Human, Clothing, Apparel, Dress

Why did you want to do the RAG fashion show?: "For the thrill of walking down the catwalk with beautiful people."

Favourite Model: Hansel, "he's so hot right now"

Morgan, 4th year, Financial Analysis

Image may contain: Sleeve, Man, Shirt, Tie, Accessory, Accessories, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: " I wanted to do something that would force me to live a healthier lifestyle and possibly get me back to the gym"

Favourite Model: Matt Bomer

Lucy, 3rd year, Biology and Psychology

Image may contain: Pants, Long Sleeve, Woman, Blouse, Sleeve, Female, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "It's super fun, I get to wear pretty clothes AND the money goes to charity."

Favourite Model: "Does Sean Mendes count? He's the answer to everything."

El, 4th year, Global Wildlife Science & Policy

Image may contain: Tartan, Plaid, Woman, Skirt, Female, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "Organising it last year was too much stress so wanted to take a step back and be told what to do for once."

Favourite Model: Jasmine Saunders

Robyn, 6th year, Medicine

Image may contain: Long Sleeve, Accessory, Accessories, Woman, Blouse, Female, Sleeve, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "I did the fashion show a couple of years ago and it was such a fun and body positive thing to do, I just couldn’t stay away this year!"

Favourite Model: Alexina Graham – "she’s ginger and from Yorkshire and an absolute queen."

Georgia, 3rd year, English Literature and Politics

Image may contain: Woman, Face, Apparel, Clothing, Female, Person, Human

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "I't's an excuse to dress up in funky garms!"

Favourite Model: Portia Ferrari

Husayn Malek, 2nd year, Medicine

Image may contain: Sweater, Sweatshirt, Man, Apparel, Clothing, Human, Face, Person

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "My mates will get a good laugh out of it!"

Favourite Model: Jasmine Tookes

Laura, 4th year, Languages: Translation and Interpreting

Image may contain: Female, Lace, Sweater, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

Favourite Model: Gracefit "she's goals"

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "I love how inclusive it is, the body positivity that it transmits, and that all the money goes to an amazing cause! Also, I’ve walked it since first year, and I really missed taking part in it during my year abroad. I thought it would be a good wrap for my experience at Newcastle."

Alistair, 3rd year, Economics

Image may contain: Man, Face, Human, Person

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "It's A fun opportunity, and considering my whole degree revolves around models it only felt natural. Not to mention, all in the name of a great charity!"

Favourite Model: Wang Deshun, "that badass 82 year old Chinese model."

Kieran, 2nd year, Politics

Image may contain: Person, Human, Long Sleeve, Clothing, Apparel, Sleeve

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "Because I wanted to be a BNOC" (good luck with that).

Favourite Model: Mia Khalifa

Joy, 3rd year, Law

Image may contain: Portrait, Photo, Photography, Woman, Girl, Smile, Female, Person, Human, Face

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "I am very clumsy, god knows why I have agreed to this – I guess to get to wear pretty clothes and raise money."

Favourite Model: "I don't have one so you can my favourite famous person instead – Greg James"

Kenneth, 3rd year, Philosophy 

Why did you want to be in the RAG fashion show?: "I auditioned with a friend on a whim in 2nd year and absolutely loved it, also any excuse for a drag walk."

Favourite Model: David Beckham

For more