Image may contain: Shop

House of Smith, Madame Koo and Floritas to reopen tonight

Following the two week closure by police

House of Smith, Madame Koo and Floritas are to reopen following closure by police on 18th December in a crackdown on drug dealing taking place in and around Newcastle town centre.

A judge at South Tyneside Magistrates' Court on December 20th ordered the clubs on the Diamond Strip and The Empress Bar to stay closed for two weeks.

It has now been made public information that the three club's closure notices will be lifted on the 3rd of January.

House of Smith, Madame Koo and Floritas, are all owned by the Apartment Group. Their head of operations, Donna Cope, said that she is: "Extremely shocked and disappointed with the previous course of events, however following court today we are delighted that it will be business as usual across all our Collingwood Street bars as of January 4."

21 people were arrested on suspicion of drug dealing and supplying class- A's, including Geordie Shore star Marty Mckenna. They have now all been released while the police continue to investigate.

Fears that the clubs would be closed indefinitely can now be put to rest as students return to the Toon and Club Trop returns to welcome us home. Hooray!

Empress' premises licence will be reviewed on January 8th at a Newcastle City Council licensing sub-committee.