The Baltic Triangle and Ropewalks have been ranked in the top 20 trendiest neighbourhoods in the UK

Did you need another reason to visit?

Hide Images

The Baltic Triangle has been ranked the 11th 'hippest neighbourhood' in the U.K. by Travel Supermarket's Hip Hang-out Neighbourhood Index. It was followed closely by Liverpool's Ropewalks, which came in 17th place.

Many students know the Baltic Triangle for venues such as Constellations and Camp and Furnace, which regularly transform from exhibition spaces and alternative eateries to host popular student club nights like Abandon Silence. Many also visit the area for The Baltic Market and independent coffee shops and vintage stores. As for Ropewalks, you'll know it as the home of Bold Street and neighbouring hangouts like Brewdog and Kazmier Garden.

Have you tried the halloumi fries at Love Thy Neighbour? So. Good.

The list was compiled by hipster blogger, Adam Groffman and by U.K. travel blogger, Emily Ray, who ranked neighbourhoods according to their value for money and range of independent coffee shops, galleries, co-working spaces, record shops, vintage fashion outlets and vegan restaurants. The list also included other popular alternative hubs, such as Montpelier in Bristol and London's Peckham, so it's great to see that Liverpool is also being recognised for its amazing independent and creative scene.

So, why don't you take a stroll down Bold Street today? Or perhaps you could venture to The Baltic Social after a hard day's work in the library? After all, we Liverpool students are lucky to have so many unique and interesting places on our doorstep.