Girl Power Club Night at 24 Kitchen Street

Feminist Society have organised a fundraiser club night

Hide Images

The Feminist Society have organised an all female artists, fundraiser club night at 24 Kitchen Street.

So far the first release has sold out on Skiddle and the Guild website. Second release tickets are £3.50 and all profits go towards RASA, (Merseyside’s Rape and Sexual Abuse centre).

The Facebook event page description says:

Join us for a night of bitchin’ partying, celebrating your favourite women artists and raising cash for an amazing cause all in one night ! ✨

“From The Supremes to Nicki Minaj, we’ll have you covered on the best females in music history! ? So get your glitter, grab your sequins and shimmy over to Kitchen Street on the 29th for the best club night Merseyside has ever seen! ? Why? Because we all know us gals do it so much better?.”

Fem Soc also give some info on the chosen charity:

“This event is in aid of the incredible Merseyside charity RASA (Rape and Sexual Abuse centre.) RASA support anyone who has been affected by sexual violence at any time in their lives, any age and any gender. They offer emotional support, counselling, advocacy and other services to help survivors. Their amazing impactful work support survivors all around Liverpool, including students, unfortunately RASA and likewise charities are detrimentally underfunded by the government, so it’s time to stand up and support them!”

Co-President of Feminist Society told the Tab:

We are so excited about this event! It’s our first club night event, and I don’t think I have seen any all female artist nights in Liverpool before so I’m super excited for the theme. Plus you’ll be able to get your face painted in glitter!

“RASA is a super important charity to us as femsoc, supporting people who have suffered and endured rape and sexual abuse is incredibly important to us. RASA is Merseyside’s ONLY rape and sexual abuse centre, and is detrimentally underfunded by the disgusting Tory government, and unfortunately rape centres are statistically frequently forgotten in public donations too. So obviously we want to raise as much money as possible so it’s great to know we have already sold out the first release of tickets!

Jenny, second year English student said: “Got myself a £2.50 ticket! Can’t wait to boogie on down to my faves at Kitchen Street, I’m hoping for a bit of Cyndi Lauper and Shania Twain.”