University of Liverpool beats LJMU in Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018

Even Hope were ranked above JMU

The Sunday Times Good University Guide has been released today and the University of Liverpool have come out as third in the North West, just below Manchester in second and Lancaster in first. Nationally, we are slightly down compared to last year dropping three places to 42nd.

Liverpool Hope gained the best results in the region for student perceptions of teaching quality, scoring 86.9 per cent – rating the university third in the UK on this measure. Despite University of Liverpool and Hope being above LJMU, their results have improved considerably going from 86th to 70th, with teaching excellence achieving a score of 82.3 per cent.

The Sunday Times University Guide is based on a combination of teaching exellence, student experience, graduate prospects and completion rate of which Liverpool scored 90.6 per cent.

A full website with university profiles and 67 subject tables will be published at www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/gooduniversityguide on Sunday for subscribers to The Times and The Sunday Times.