UPDATES: Breakdown of The Guild Election results

Sean won because he had fabulous eyebrows

2016 2017 elections guild harry anderson LGOS president

The voting has closed. Your votes been counted. And we can confirm that Sean Turner is your new Guild President.

Oba Akinwale  joins him as deputy president, with Yasmin Gasimova and Ananda Mohan filling the positions of Vice Presidents.

SO Officers: Sean Turner, Yasmin Gasimova, Oba Akinwale and Ananda Mohan

In his manifesto, Sean stated that he would create a social council to ensure all society leaders can meet and share ideas, that he would boost up Liverpool RAG and that he would better publish Guild activities and events.

4,918 votes were cast in this years election, an increase of 20% since last year. The Guild revealed on twitter earlier today that the subject course with the highest turn out at the ballot box was Politics with a 27% turnout. Dentistry had the lowest turn out, with only 3% of their course voting.

The best and the worst

Yasmin, speaking only moments after her victory, told The Tab: “I’m incredibly relieved – it’s been such a incredible experience and I couldn’t have done it without everyone around me. All of the candidates were so lovely and cared for one another – I couldn’t have asked for a better people to work with. I cannot emphasise enough how much my campaign team had helped me, sticking by my side and making me realise how blessed I am.”

The rest of the results are as follows:

5th place in the running – Louise Carol Donkor
6th place – Mike Edwards
7th – George Trier
8th – Jerome Daniels
9th – Harry Moore
10th – Danielle Hawkins
11th – Xinxin Cao
12th – Mile Wroblewski
13th – Siobhan Griffiths
14th – Hannah Gale
15th – Michael Sonne
16th – Léa Ben Saïd
17th – James Sage
18th – Fenghui Li
19th – Craig Harris

This article will be updated as information comes in regarding positions.