There’s going to be a Bowie takeover in Liverpool tonight

At midnight clubs all over the city will belt out his boss hits

boss bowie Cavern clubs david bowie david bowiwe death heebie jeebies Heebies hits liverpool med midnight music remember the cavern tragic ziggy ziggy stardust

When the clocks strike 12 a number of venues including Heebie Jeebies and Med will blast some of the icon’s greatest and most esteemed hits.

A Facebook event was created earlier in the week in wake of the late singers passing.

Organiser of the takeover and massive Bowie fan, Andy Matheson created the event on Tuesday and relied on the power of social media to spread the word.

There are already over 1,000 people marked as interested and Matheson urges those taking part to join him in celebrating the life of the legendary singer-songwriter and actor.

He said “The Bowie Takeover is going to be a massive celebration unlike any other!

“So lets get our lightning bolt face paints on, our vocal cords warmed up and get Liverpool dancing to the sound of Bowie for one major blow-out!”

Second year Communication student Lowri Herbert works at the Cavern Club, just one of several venues participating in the event.  She told The Tab:  “It’s so amazing that we get to see Bowie honoured in this way.

“He will always be missed and having him around today will remind us of the incredible and innovative man we knew and loved.”

For more information on tonight’s event click here.

#BowieTakeoverLiverpool