80s club Reflex is closing down forever

One less place to hear Living On A Prayer

#dressmas 80s bar reflex concert sqaure concert square liverpool reflex bar Seel Street

It’s another tragic end for Concert Square, as hot-spot Reflex has closed for good.

The much-loved Bold Street venue have confirmed there are no plans for it to relocate anywhere within the city after its lease came to an end.

The 80s themed club – run by Stonegate Pub Company who are responsible for more than a dozen other spots in Liverpool –  will relocate staff to those bars and clubs where possible.

No more details of the club’s closure have been announced, but today work appears to be underway to clear out the building, and a spokesperson for the club confirmed the reports to the ECHO yesterday.

A spokeswoman for Reflex Liverpool said: “I can confirm the business has closed. This is because the lease on the property came to an end.”

She added: “There are no immediate plans to relocate the business.

“We have 15 other pub and bar businesses in Liverpool and where possible staff will be relocated to one of them.

“We also encourage Reflex customers to visit us in our other late night bars such as Popworld and Flares.”

The venue took part in the Carnage and Student Fest nights, and was a popular venue for hen and stag dos.

A clear-out operation was in process earlier today

Third year Orthoptist Annie loves a cheesy night out, but doesn’t have fond memories of the club.

She said: “The only time I’ve been, there were about six of us who went together and there was literally no one else there.

“The bar tender was sat there drinking alone with some 80s tunes blaring in the background.

“The small crowds of drunk middle aged people who gather outside it at weekends put me off going.

“I know students who went for events like Carnage or Student Fest, but we would always swerve that part.”

Reflex is now the second popular club on Bold Street to be closed for business after a major drugs raid saw the closure of Republik earlier this year.