There’s always next year…

Manchester pick up yet another Christie Cup leaving Liverpool rock bottom.

Christie Cup leeds liverpool manchester sport

It’s all becoming far too predictable as the championship finds itself back in Manchester yet again. No, not the Premier League crown but the Christie Cup, as the Uni of Manchester win their 11th title since the turn of the century.

@ChristieChamps confirm the inevitable.

Liverpool fought valiantly but ultimately ended up last, just behind Leeds in 2nd. The ‘Battle of the North’ was lost once again.

Maybe our only hope of taking the winner’s shield home next year is to take a leaf out of Leeds’ books.

It wasn’t all doom and gloom for Liverpool’s athlete’s however as they picked up key victories in Canoe Polo, Riding and, surprisingly, Ten Pin Bowling to name but a few. The bowlers deserve particular credit as the “bunch of novices” triumphed against Manchester’s “pros” after Leeds pulled out.

Liverpool’s triumphant underdogs.

Liverpool’s unbeaten men’s Lacrosse team probably put in the performance of the tournament however, as the ‘Invincibles’ capped off a brilliant BUCS season with a Christie win. The women weren’t so lucky though, suffering heavy losses in both of their games.

The Invincibles!

Ultimately the day belonged to the hosts though who deservedly retained. Better luck next year Liverpool.

‘The cheek of it!’ Manchester’s victorious water polo team pose for pictures.

For a full round up of Wednesday’s winners and losers check out www.christiechampionships.com.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.