Spawn of ‘The Devil’

Liverpool gangster arrested and gun found dumped in the Mersey.

armed police Hilton Hotel kensington Museum of Liverpool River Mersey Stephen French Toxteth

Anti-gun Liverpool gangster, Stephen ‘The Devil’ French, was arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm after armed police were called to The Hilton yesterday afternoon. 

Police cornered off the Hilton Hotel and areas surrounding the Museum of Liverpool after a gun was reportedly pulled out during a meeting between a group of men.

A gun was found dumped in the River Mersey by officers and one man was taken to hospital to treat severe head injuries.

Eyewitnesses describe armed police arresting a man in a suit lying on the floor, with one witness convinced it was a mock arrest.

‘The Devil’, 53, was notorious in Liverpool during the 1980’s and 1990’s.  Originally from Toxteth, French heads the anti-gun campaign ‘Increase The Peace’.

He, along with two other men, were arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm and assault.

Also a mixed martial arts fighter, Stephen ‘The Devil’ French is better known these days as ‘The Fighting Preacher’.

Whoever said Liverpool was one of the UK’s safest cities clearly never went to Kensington or Toxteth.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.