A Kill the Bill protest is set to take place in Lincoln’s Cornhill Quarter

‘Everyone is welcome to join the socially distanced protest’

A Kill the Bill protest is taking place in Lincoln’s Cornhill Quarter this weekend. The protest is set to begin at 2pm on Saturday, April 3rd.

This comes after the series of protests in Bristol and across the country, opposing the new police Crime and Sentencing Bill over the last couple of weeks.

The new Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill is set to give the police greater powers to respond to protests, which includes the ability to stop protests as a result of noise and disruption to the public.

In a poster on social media, the protest calls for people to “fight for your rights”. The protest will be “socially distanced” and asks for protesters to bring placards and banners.

via @killthebill_lincoln on Instagram

On the Instagram post, they said: “This Saturday 3rd April 2pm, Kill the Bill/Anti Government Corruption Socially distanced protest at the Cornhill Quarter in Lincoln!”

They have asked for people to share and bring as many people as they can and they look forward to seeing people attend the event.

The organisers told The Lincoln Tab: “The Kill the Bill protest has been organised in Lincoln as an opportunity to fight back against the dangerous Policing Bill that is being currently passed through Parliament. With police brutality and government corruption in recent times, it heightens the need for protests.

“Everyone is welcome to join the socially distanced protest, where we plan to raise awareness of the bill through holding placards and banners, chanting and listening to speakers.”