These are the Lincoln clubs closing due to the coronavirus outbreak

Nightclubs in town still remain open

After recent events of the University of Lincoln moving to online teaching, Lincoln’s Students’ Union has closed all physical SU activities, but many clubs in town remain open.

In an email from the SU sent to all students, it was announced: “We must put our members safety at the forefront of all our decisions, and with this in mind we feel we have no option but to close the entire Students’ Union, The Engine Shed, The Barge, Tower Bar and The Swan for a minimum of the next 12 weeks.

“The only exception to this is the Advice Centre, which will remain functional to allow us to support students who need assistance.

“All events in the Engine Shed, Tower Bar, The Swan and The Barge including all gigs, Quack!, Bongo’s Bingo, The SU Awards, The Swannys and the Societies Showcase”

This comes after the Varsity event against Hull being cancelled in the last week.

However, nightclubs in the student city remain open and advice has been to not attend if you are feeling ill.

In an Instagram post from Union, Superbull, Bounce and BlahBlahBlah: “In line with current government policy, all these events are still very much going ahead.

“Be sensible. […] We ask anyone feeling unwell to not attend our events. Please wash your hands thoroughly, regularly and be mindful of people around you.

“Hand sanitisers are available at all points around the venues.”

In an Instagram story, Bierkeller uploaded the same message along with: “We would ask anyone with symptoms of the virus not to come to our venue and follow government advice on self isolation.

“Party responsibly and see you soon! And remember, wash your hands you filthy animals!”