Image may contain: Furniture, Advertisement, Poster, Collage, Animal, Cat, Pet, Mammal, Person, Human

Someone left a bag of four kittens inside a Lincoln Wetherspoons

The bag said ‘may contain prosecco’

CCTV footage has been released by the RSPCA after four kittens were dumped in the Ritz toilets for the second time in less than 18 months.

The footage shows a man the authorities want to speak to in relation to the incident that took place on June 25th this year.

RSPCA inspector, Deborah Scotcher, said the man was seen on camera going to the toilet carrying a bag and leaving without one:

"The man can be seen entering The Ritz pub in Lincoln High Street with his hood up carrying a bag that bears a striking resemblance to the bag the kittens were found in."

Image may contain: Furniture, Chair, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

The man entered the toilets with a bag, but left without it

This is the second time kittens have been found in The Ritz toilets, as four kittens were found dumped in a bag in the same toilets in March 2018.

This time, the bag had the slogan "May Contain Prosecco" written on it, leading to a member of staff opening it to discover the abandoned animals.

The RSPCA said: "These kittens were far too young to be away from their mum and it was touch and go as to whether they'd survive but I'm really pleased that they all pulled through thanks to the dedication of our fosterer who hand-reared them and fed them round the clock."

Image may contain: Mammal, Animal, Pet, Cat

The kittens only just survived

Deborah says that they are desperate to find the man in question.

"The CCTV footage clearly shows a man enter the pub, trying to obscure his face from the cameras by using his hand and putting his hood up.

"We believe this man can help with our investigation so we'd urge him – or anyone who recognises him – to get in touch with us."

Anyone who recognises the man or has information about the incident is urged to call the RSPCA appeal line on 0300 123 8018.