Skint vs. Shabang…let the battle commence

Will Republic’s SKINT be a rival to Rockstar’s Shabang?

Too poor to go out this Friday? Think again!

SKINT is Republic’s brand new Friday night event that aims to revive Leicester’s dreary Friday night market with cheap prices that don’t mean less fun.

SKINT promises to be ‘Cheap and Cheerful’ with entry at £3, up to £2 less than the usual ticket prices of any other student events in the week. Hosted in Republic, the night is set to draw in a large about of Leicester and DeMontfort freshers as it goes head to head with Shabang tonight at its launch.

Drinks prices are all the more likely to lure even the most penny-pinching students, with £1 drinks all evening, and selected beers and mixers at only £1.50.

What’s more, SKINT guarantees to always have Republic’s main room open, enabling students to start and end their busy weeks with what is probably the best nightclub room in Leicester. It’s not clear at the moment whether Republic’s other rooms, featuring R&B and Hip Hop and the popular cheese room, will be open. We hope they are…

Whilst they aren’t specifically targeting Leicester’s large student population, Republic acknowledge that they are attempting to attract students as well as all colleges and the current Friday market.

So what can you expect from SKINT? A night out on a budget, that acknowledges that having a good time needn’t break the bank. And with a motto that is ‘dedicated to being cheap’, it seems it won’t take long until Leicester’s students have to make a choice between SKINT and Shabang.