Man assaulted at Leeds Uni gig

He was punched in the face and left with a fractured eye socket

A man has been assaulted at a heavy metal band concert held in Stylus at Leeds University.

The incident took place on Friday 26th February 2016 at the American band Baroness concert in the popular student venue.

The 25-year-old victim was punched in the face after he asked a man who had been purposely bumping into people on the dancefloor to leave him alone.

After going to hospital the victim was found to have a fractured eye socket and needed two metal plates fitting.

Police are now appealing for witnesses and have released a CCTV image of a man they’d like to identify.

PC Marc Guibert, of Leeds District CID, said: “The victim received very serious injuries and we urgently need to identify the man shown in the CCTV image.

“He was described as white, about 6ft 2ins to 6ft 4ins tall, medium build, with a shaved head. He was aged in his mid-twenties to mid-thirties and was wearing a checked shirt.

“Clearly the CCTV image is low quality but we hope that along with the description and the circumstances that someone will recognise him. We would like to hear from anyone who knows someone fitting that description who was at the Baroness gig that night.”