Uni fashion talent: Feathers By Minnie

We got to know the local creator of these hair accessory delights….

With Coachella having come and gone, the festival season is well and truly under way.

A little closer to home, the fast approaching Parklife will help chase away revision blues and bring in the summer vibes. And what better way to channel your inner hippie and offset that perfectly planned festival outfit, than with feathers in your hair courtesy of Leeds student Minnie?

How long have you been doing Feathers by Minnie? How did it start?

I started Feathers by Minnie in august 2013. I have had feather hair extensions, myself, since first year and I always received lots of compliments and requests from my flat mates and friends to fit them in their hair too.

Last summer, having seen a number of people selling them at festivals, I realised there was a potential to offer them at affordable prices to students.

Where can we buy feathers by Minnie?

Feathers by Minnie must be bought directly through me, as they require a personal fitting and placement (however this only takes a matter of minutes!). I can be contacted through my Facebook page or by email to arrange a meeting.

Describe the kind of girl that wears Feathers by Minnie in 3 words?

Colourful, imaginative, fun.

What colours do you particularly like in the range?

My personal favourites are the UV neon feathers, yellow dip-dyed to orange. They look absolutely AMAZING on nights out, as they glow under blue-light. I love them paired with a more subtle natural feather.

Find Feathers By Minnie here.

Coming in an array of colours, pair your feathers with frayed denim shorts, vintage lacy camisole and neon nail polish for a failsafe festival outfit!

If you’re studying at Leeds University and have a fashion related business we’d love to hear from you, contact us at: [email protected]