Meet some of the models of the Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show

Beautiful people reading about beautiful people

The anticipation of the GUCFS has been building for two years now and it’s ready to CLIMAX on the 18th and 19th of February at Platform. This year the proceeds from all of GUCFS’ fundraising will go to Refuweegee, a Glasgow-based charity that ‘ensure[s] that people who have been forced to flee their homes arrive in Scotland to a warm welcome’. 

Who exactly has been fundraising as a model this year? Let’s meet them.

Rory

Rory Tait (he/him)

Degree: Scots Law (2nd year) 

Nationality: Scottish 

Age: 19 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: Next to none 

Thoughts about Refuweegee: An absolutely lovely organisation that deserves every penny available

Favourite designer: Everything in REBRAND: all the reconstructed suits from Sarah Duffy and the super cool dress from Abigail Willis Cameron 

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Boris Johnson 

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: My grandparents not understanding why I was wearing a crop top with the nipple areas cut out 

Relationship status: Single 

Favourite dating app: Don’t use any so has to be Instagram DMs 

Robert Goodall (he/him) 

Degree: History (3rd year)

Nationality: Scottish 

Age: 21 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: None 

Thoughts about Refuweegee: I think it’s an amazing charity, and was one of the main reasons I signed up for the show this year 

Favourite designer: I wore Freya Mahalia for my shoot which was nice. Also very comfortable 

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Tiger King was rubbish 

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: Don’t think my grandad was very impressed 

Relationship status: Engaged to Aisha Siraj 

Favourite dating app: None, I’m taken 

Aisha Siraj (she/they) 

Degree: History of Art and Theology (3rd year)

Nationality: English 🙁 

Age: 22 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: Absolutely none 

Favourite designer: My favourite designer is Abigail Willis Cameron 

Thoughts on Refuweegee: Refuweegee is a very important and relevant charity to be working with and supporting this year. Everyone involved is so friendly and dedicated! 

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Probably Tiger King, sorry 

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: My mum is loving it 

Relationship status: It’s complicated 

Favourite dating app: I deleted Tinder to make space for Candy Crush 

Ishani Mukherjee (she/her) 

Degree: Politics (3rd year)

Nationality: Indian 

Age: 21 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: First time actually

Thoughts on Refuweegee: It’s such an important charity, especially for Glasgow which is such a metropolis and home-to-all city. Refuweegee speaks to an issue that’s eminent and needs our attention

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Behind Her Eyes 

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: ‘Can you actually walk?’ 

Relationship status: Single as a pringle 

Favourite dating app: None really, but if I have to pick, Bumble keeps me beezy 

Euan Goodwin (they/them)

Degree: Neuroscience (3rd year)

Nationality: British 

Age: 22 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: Zero, zilch, nada 

Favourite designer: Aurora. Their denim project look was insane

Thoughts on Refuweegee: I am completely mesmerised by Selina Hales and the work of her and all of her colleagues at Refuweegee. How they do what they do I will never understand. Especially when you realise that they were working non-stop through the entire pandemic to ensure people were getting the support and services they desperately needed

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Wouldn’t say it was the worst, but I definitely lost some respect from friends when I binged Selling Sunset and then desperately tried to talk about the agents like they were my best friends

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: ‘Weird that YOU will be modelling, but I understand why they selected you.’ – Mum (not sure if this was a compliment or not) 

Relationship status: Open relationship 

Favourite dating app: Instagram stories after a few glasses of wine 

Richard Esedebe (he/him) 

Degree: Medicine (1st year postgraduate) 

Nationality: Nigerian 

Age: 22 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: Nil 

Favourite designer: Freya Mahalia 

Thoughts on Refuweegee: I think it’s a fantastic charity run by good people. The principal aim – to help support forcibly displaced individuals is golden. The charity highlights what it means to be a community as well as some of the wonderful and progressive things a community can achieve when they band together. I’d recommend that people check them out, what they do, how they do it, and to please support the cause however you can

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: A friend of mine saw the pictures from my shoot and sent me some screenshots. She titled it, ‘okay Mr. Pied Piper, I see you’ 

Relationship status: Single 

Favourite dating app: Dislike them all 

Amir Fard (he/him) 

Degree: Medicine (5th year) 

Nationality: British/Persian 

Age: 24 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: 3 years GUCFS and independent Glasgow clothing brands 

Favourite designer: Aurora shot on black and white film in the RETURN shoot. *chef’s kiss* 

Thoughts on Refuweegee: As a first generation immigrant to the UK, I am extremely passionate about the work that Refuweegee do to support those who have had to flee their homes. I could not be more excited to bring awareness to and fundraise for them

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Below Deck Mediterranean was a healthy counterweight to lockdown strava competitions 

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: ‘Medic, model…marry me?’ 

Relationship status: Deeply in love, and not just with GUCFS 

Favourite dating app: LinkedIn 

Sam Malis (he/him) 

Degree: (or not) – SRC Vice President Student Activities 

Year of Study: Graduated, innit. Still got my student card tho *oop* 

Nationality: English 

Age: 22 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: Been doing it since I was minus 4 years old. Only joking, this is my first time

Favourite designer: Farrah Highton 

Thoughts on Refuweegee: Refuweegee is such a great charity. I think it’s important in this day and age that we welcome refugees into our communities. Some refugees may have migrated away from situations that were unsafe and dangerous, and have come here for better opportunities in life. The charity does so much good work in making sure refugees feel as if Glasgow is their new home away from home 

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Can I say Emily in Paris? 

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: My mum just laughed 

Relationship status: Single 

Favourite dating app: Tinder 

Khena Dungu (she/her) 

Degree Title: Software Engineering (3rd)

Nationality: South African 

Age: 20 

Modelling/Fashion Experience: A Glasgow University Magazine shoot last year 

Favourite designer: I really liked Aurora, the RETURN shoot designer. 

Thoughts on Refuweegee: Providing refugees with a sense of community is such an important thing that no one else seems to think about and so what they’re doing is really important 

Worst show you watched during lockdown: Tiger King 

Best/funniest family reaction to you modelling in GUCFS: They literally didn’t care 

Relationship status: Single 

Favourite dating app: Christian Mingle 

Related stories recommended by this author: