2022 Valentine’s Day date ideas in Glasgow

You really need to pull a great date out the bag after last years restrictions!

It’s that time of year again. Big red love hearts, roses, chocolates, the cringe posts about how much someone loves their other half… Last year was pretty awful for Valentine’s Day but have no fear, after years of being in Glasgow I’ve got some great Valentine’s Day date ideas for you and your other half.

The Gardener
Somewhere I don’t think many people know about… Found on Ashton Lane it has such a lovely, quiet vibe which is perfect for ogling over your other half. The decor is gorgeous and is quite cute and classy. They do the most lovely cocktails and their white Russians are to die for. One of my personal go-to date spots, especially for Valentine’s Day.

Hillhead Bookclub
Fun fact – as a virgin to the West End, I thought Hillhead Bookclub was actually a library… Oh, I was so wrong. £3 mojitos, ping pong and class food makes Hillhead Bookclub a go to for any date, not just Valentine’s Day.

Bank Street
Bank Street is a go to if you’re looking for a decent, casual Valentine’s Day. There’s £3.50 prosecco and amazing pizza. (I recommend the buttermilk chicken pizza.) However, Bank Street is quite small, even with the upstairs seating, so booking is essential.

Beer Bar
Honestly I can’t think of a BETTER way to spend Valentine’s Day. If you and your other half are quite new to the dating game then why not grab a pint of fun and laugh the night away, whilst secretly judging their jukebox taste…

Paesano’s
We CANNOT mention food in Glasgow without mentioning Paesanos… If I could be in a relationship with Paesonos pizza, my boyfriend would be single in an instant. Paesano’s is one of my personal favourite spots for you and your other half to go. At the end of the day, we’re students and Paesanos has a reasonable price range. You could even get a takeaway and chill in your flat or eat it in Kelvingrove Park – how romantic!

Ubiquitous Chip
If you’re really wanting to spoil each other then Ubiquitous Chip is THE place to go… The food simply is divine and the cocktails are fantastic. If it’s a nice evening there is balcony seating but the aura inside really is splendid. A 10/10, top class Valentine’s Day meal idea.

Ashoka Shak
Maybe not the most romantic but who doesn’t love a curry. Located on the corner of Ashton Lane, it is in a prime location for those couples who are on a wee Valentine’s Day bar crawl. No better way to start/end a night with a hot and spicy curry.

Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery

Want to see some heads hanging from the ceiling and try and look extra cultured this Valentine’s Day? Then Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery is your go-to! It’s such a lovely building and has exhibits for everyone. Going on a museum date may sound boring but you can make some really lovely core memories and you might learn something new too!

The Riverside Museum

You can double up this date by going to the Riverside Museum in Glasgow and then going for a romantic evening walk down the Clyde. Maybe even hit up the science museum afterwards. Remember, smart is the new sexy!

Cafe Gogo
Cafe Gogo is found on a side street near the uni, Cresswell Lane. It’s a hidden gem that serves great hot chocolate, cakes, soup and nachos. It’s such a wonderful place to take your other half for a Valentine’s Day lunch in between classes. They do a takeaway service so you could even go for a post-study Valentine’s Day wander with the drink and person of your choice.

Kelvingrove Park
Such a West End go-to for a romantic walk, seeing the squirrels and the ducks in the pond. Go on – be a child and play on the swings too!

Mini Golf
The first to get a hole in one wins… Mini Golf at venues such as Foreplay Golf (Kinning Park, five minute walk from the Subway Station) are great, fun date ideas for Valentine’s Day. Places like Foreplay aren’t just for golf though as they do food, snacks and drinks.

TCA Climbing Centre
A bit adventurous but what better way to spend Valentine’s Day than assessing your trust for each other? One goes up whilst the other belays? Or maybe you catch them if they’re free climbing? Guaranteed to be a really fun (and sober) date idea if you’re into something a little bit different.

Related stories recommended by this author: