Sub Club supporters donate £90k to stop nightclub at risk from permanent closure

The future of our favourite Glasgow nightclub is at risk

Yesterday one of Glasgow’s most popular nightclubs, Sub Club, announced that they are risk of permanent closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Since being forced to close in March, club bosses set up a crowd fundraising page with an aim to raise £90,000 to keep the business going. According to Glasgow Live, ‘All members of staff have now been placed on unpaid leave with bosses left to find a way to recover the costs.’

The much-loved clubbing area received an overwhelming response and they reached their target in just six hours. The target has now been stretched to £150,000 in order for the Sub Club to survive week-to-week.

Award-winning Scottish DJ, Calvin Harris, donated £20k in order to save the nightclub.

Founded in 1987, Sub Club has aided the growth of artists such as Dennis Sulta and Jackmaster. It has been frequented and praised in the media by huge Scottish names including Irvine Welsh, author of Trainspotting.

Image Credit: (Picture: Sub Club/crowdfunder) 

To support Sub Club’s fundraiser, visit here:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/saveoursub