These Glasgow University DIY graduation pics will make you proud as punch

UofG Class of 2020 I salute you

The exams are over, the results are out and the leavers have finally graduated…kind of. This week would have officially been the summer graduations for the Class of 2020. Thousands of Glasgow students would have filed into Bute Hall and received their degree certificates with their proud families and friends watching on.

This year, however, has been a bit different.😢  On March 20th, Glasgow University announced that all summer graduation ceremonies would be postponed due to COVID-19. The Principal and Vice-Chancellor of Glasgow University, Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli, has promised that the Class of 2020 will get their proper graduation ceremonies in the nearby future.

However, that hasn’t stopped some of Glasgow’s finest graduates to make the most out of a bad situation. Instead of not celebrating, they have gone out in full force with their families and friends at home. Let’s take a look at some of the best DIY graduation ceremonies put on by our students:

(@keiraitken)

(@catthornton_97)

(@kcaryle_) 

(@kcaryle_) 

(@polychromeknits)

(@catrinadickson98)
(@emilybarton_)

(@anniepeaxoxk)

(@louisemccourt) 

We’re sad we can’t celebrate graduations on campus, but we are SO proud of all our Glasgow students, finishing their degrees during these challenging times.