There will be no T in the Park next year

It’s been confirmed by organisers

T in the Park will not go ahead in 2017.

DF Concerts have confirmed that the festival will be “taking a break” next year after running for 22 years.

The organisers said it was due to “onerous site restrictions” which have had a “negative impact” on fans.

The official organisers statement said: “T in the Park has become one of the best known, biggest and most loved festivals in the world. We created more than just a festival; we created a family and decades of wonderful memories.

“We now need to take stock and take a year out to try to resolve the issues so that we can once again deliver the kind of camping festival you are used to and deserve.”

They said they have met their goal of “giving Scottish music fans an unforgettable weekend with their friends enjoying the best acts from around the globe.”

Bosses have said, however, that they will try and fix problems and intend to make a comeback.

For the last two years it has been held at Strathallan Castle, but has been plagued by traffic problems and drug deaths. Before that, it was held at Balado in Perthshire.

The festival has hosted massive names like Calvin Harris, Jay-Z, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rihanna.

The news comes after it was reported that there are talks for a three-day summer music festival at Glasgow Green next year.