University of Glasgow is the 88th best uni in the world

Far, far better than Strathclyde

The 2016-2017 Times Higher Education World University Rankings have been released, placing the University of Glasgow 88th, 12 places lower than last year’s place of joint 76th with the University of Helsinki. This means we are the 11th best uni in the UK, being beaten by Manchester, Bristol, and Warwick.

Unfortunately, we are still beaten by the University of Edinburgh who, despite dropping three places from 2015-2016, are still the best uni in Scotland.

The top uni in the UK still remains Oxford, who are now number one in the world, followed by Cambridge and ICL.

Again, Strathclyde falls (or fails…) within the 401-500th best universities in the world.

The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017 for the first time includes almost 1,000 institutions from 79 countries, with 10 new countries this year including – Algeria, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Croatia, Georgia, Kuwait, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, and Venezuela.

Sad news for Glasgow but at least Viper is opening again so we can drink our sorrows.