Image may contain: Gown, Evening Dress, Robe, Fashion, Sunglasses, Accessory, Accessories, Bar Counter, Pub, Apparel, Clothing, Night Club, Club, Human, Person, Night Life

Don’t panic but Gandy’s is up for sale

Apparently a big chain is eyeing it up

You haven't been to an Exeter sports social unless you spent the first half of your evening bolting VKs in Gandy's.

Well, you might not be for much longer as the infamous sport social destination is up for sale after nearly 20 years.

Image may contain: Female, Face, Accessory, Accessories, Tie, Shirt, Pub, Bar Counter, Clothing, Apparel, Night Life, Person, Human

The bar, which hasn't been on the market for long, already has a "strong proposal" from a big chain on the table according to estate agent Charles Darrow.

So unless you and your Lacrosse buddies have a spare £90,000 lying around, plus the extra £75,000 a year to rent it, then it looks like the sale of Gandy's is imminent.

Could this mean the end for Gandy's as we know it? Or could Gandy's suffer the same fate as other once popular student bars that we no longer frequent?

All we know is that you might want to head on down to Gandy's as soon as you can to make the most of your cheap VKs while you still can.