I instantly regretted buying the iPhone 7

Don’t do it

The night before the iPhone 7 launched, I lost my phone in a club. Seeing this as a clear sign that I needed to update my iPhone, I headed to the Apple store to buy the latest model.

I did my research about the 7 and was excited to upgrade from my iPhone 6. Well, as excited as you can be before dropping 700 quid on a phone. Apple claim that the reason it’s the most expensive iPhone ever sold in the UK is because of Brexit. Great.

14466966_10208773553869754_1992290601_o

Aren’t new models of phones meant to look new?

The whole process was boring.

I thought buying a phone on launch day would have been exciting. It wasn’t. When I finally got given my phone after the wait, my friend said to me with a smile, “it looks like your old one”. She wasn’t wrong, it looked identical to my last one.

I had gone for the middle sized 128GB model because I was always running out of space on 32GB. Apple decided to be antisocial and not release a 64GB model – meaning I had to spend an extra 100 pounds on a load of storage I won’t use.

14522367_10208773551909705_163263887_o

The most obvious change on the phone when you use it is the home button. You can’t press it anymore. When setting up the phone I had to choose between three “clicks”, which are little vibrations that let you know you’ve clicked the home button. It’s a bit weird, and I thought I would get used to it but its been two weeks and I still haven’t.

I miss the headphone jack. It’s meant to have made the iPhone more waterproof, but other companies have managed this without getting rid of it. I still haven’t got used to the idea I can’t charge my phone and listen to my normal headphones at the same time.

Every time I reach for the charging cable whilst listening to music and stop mid-motion, I can feel Apple laughing at me.

14550533_10208773551469694_836119157_o

RIP

People have asked “have you got the wireless earphones yet?” No, of course, I haven’t. Those earphones aren’t designed for the girl who manages to lose her laptop for three days in her own room.

The camera wasn’t as good as I thought it would be. I was expecting a significant difference in the photo quality between the 6S and the 7, but it wasn’t noticeable.

So, if you have the 6 or the 6S, or any other phone for that matter, don’t bother getting the 7 – it is uninspiring.