Castle’s Great Hall will live stream Azeem’s huge flute show TOMORROW

Saturday, 10.20 PM, Castle: be there

The Great Hall of Castle College will play host to a live stream of Azeem’s legendary Senior Flute Recital. 

Californian Azeem has unwittingly become the star of a massive flute gig in Santa Barbara this Saturday, which over 22,000 people say they’re attending.

We spoke to maestro Azeem yesterday, who said: “I have no idea why the event is so popular in the UK, especially as it’s happening in the US.

“I thought only 100 people would attend, but the numbers I see now are crazy.”

Azeem and his flute

Durham’s famous 11th Century World Heritage Site will be hosting a black tie formal in order to broadcast the modern world’s biggest flute event.

Last night we revealed how a second year Durham philosopher appears to be flying over 5000 miles to watch Azeem’s show live.

Stuart Swift, 21, at Mildert said: “Now I’m not one to miss a flute recital, especially one of this magnitude.

“So Azeem you better save me a spot on the front row bud!!! And a bed on Friday night would also be good! ‪#‎heathrowbound‬.”

Once home to Prince-Bishops. It will now host Azeem’s flute recital

Organised by Lydia Dawson, the event is free on a first-come first-served basis with the bar open, underneath the Castle.

Starting at 10.20, the event will be followed by an afterparty at Fabio’s complete with official photographer, Alistair Harris.

Although free due to the unique setting, the college have set a max capacity of just 200 students.

Charity buckets will be placed around the bar and in the Great Hall to raise money for a charity of Azeem’s choosing.

We’ll be live blogging the event.