Second year appears to be en route to Azeem’s flute gig in Los Angeles

‘I’m not one to miss a flute recital, especially one of this magnitude’

national noad

It appears a second year philosopher is about to fly to Azeem Ward’s huge flute gig in California tomorrow.

Azeem’s senior flute recital has been hailed as the greatest concert of the 21st Century — and now over 22,000 people have clicked attending on Facebook.

Hardcore music fans and students have flooded the event page with comments, praise and encouraging words for Azeem before the big day.

The musical prodigy is due to play his flute at a recital on Saturday at 3pm (11pm our time) in Karl Geiringer Hall at UCSB.

And now it looks like Stuart Swift, 21, at Mildert, has booked a flight to see maestro Azeem this Saturday.

Stuart posted a screenshot of his flight tickets with the comment: “Now I’m not one to miss a flute recital, especially one of this magnitude.

“So Azeem you better save me a spot on the front row bud!!! And a bed on Friday night would also be good! ‪#‎heathrowbound.‬”

Azeem’s gig has been touted as the number one show on the planet this weekend.

Speaking to exclusively to The Tab, he said: “I have no idea why the event is so popular in the UK, especially as it’s happening in the US.

“I thought only 100 people would attend, but the numbers I see now are crazy.

“It’s really funny because there are only 100 seats in the hall.

“I would be able to accommodate about 50 more than normal, but not 800.”

He added: “I’ll but sure to post the videos after the recital to show everyone how everything went.

“In the beginning I simply made the event and invited as many friends as I could around here…but for some reason it spread to the UK.

“But I really appreciate all the support that everyone has been giving.”

Attendees can expect smooth, mellow tones from Azeem’s flute recital. Here’s a taster.

Stay tuned for updates.