Cov Uni Summer Ball 2020 has officially been cancelled

Everyone who purchased a ticket will be contacted for a refund

Following the latest government advice, Coventry University have decided to cancel the summer ball due to the coronavirus outbreak. After the announcement that the UK lockdown has been extended for at least a further three weeks, this brings us past the date of the ball which was due to take place on the 25th of April.

An official statement was made on the events Facebook page by CUSU that says: “Following the latest Government announcement, it is with a heavy heart that we announce that the CUSU FestiBall 2020 has been cancelled.We would like to apologise that we haven’t been able to provide you with a clear announcement ahead of this time, however we were remaining hopeful that the event could be postponed to a date in the near future. Despite our best efforts to reschedule, this unfortunately will now not be possible”.

They have also stated that those who has already purchased a ticket will be contacted to arrange a refund. The Summer Ball was due to include a free arcade zone and funfair, contortionists and a fire show, as well as a glitter station. This years lineup included headliners Scouting For Girls. What an iconic group.

This cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise as the government have banned all gatherings of large groups of people. It’s such a sad time for final year students as their uni experience comes to a sudden end.

Once you receive your refund you should put the money in a pot and save it for one big massive sesh once we’re all allowed out. For the rest of us, roll on Fresher’s week (let’s hope this is all over by then).