Image may contain: Fog, Pedestrian, Alley, Alleyway, Light, Flare, Smoke, Lighting, Metropolis, Human, Person, Town, Building, City, Street, Urban, Road, Nature

There’s a video of people letting off fireworks in Cov city centre

It happened last night on Halloween

A number of people were filmed letting off fireworks in Broadgate Square near the Lady Godiva statue last night.

A video obtained by The Tab Coventry shows the incident as it happened, which was later uploaded on Snapchat.

West Midlands Police told the Tab Coventry: "Police were called to reports of fireworks being set off in Trinity Way, Coventry at around 11:50pm last night. On arrival, the group had dispersed".

Image may contain: Nature, Lighting, Downtown, Pedestrian, Person, Human, Building, Urban, Road, Street, Town, City

In the video, a number of people can be seen running up the ramp next to Starbucks to film the fireworks as they are thrown into the air.

A witness said it was "Just some hooded youts running around with fireworks in the city centre square, chasing more hooded youts, interestingly though, as I walked away, there were more fireworks being shot around near Millennium Point. I imagine the whole thing was somewhat orchestrated? Though I could be wrong".

This is the not the first time people have let off fireworks in Coventry. Just a few weeks ago, police were called to an incident on Lower Ford Street in which people were letting off fireworks in the streets.

Witnesses said: "My friends were having a house party and they set the fireworks off. They were letting off fireworks as part of the party".

The full video can be seen on the Tab Coventry Instagram page.