Image may contain: Shorts, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle, Car, Team, Pants, Face, Clothing, Apparel, Sitting, People, Human, Person

Cov Uni Women’s Futsal off to Brazil for winning national competition

Our girls dominated Neymar’s Red Bull Five competition this Sunday

Cov Uni's own Women's Futsal team made it through to the Neymar Red Bull Five world finals in Brazil after winning a national tournament.

The finals were held in Liverpool this past Sunday. Neymar Jr's Red Bull 5 competition ended with a victory for our girls after playing two other elite sides.

All teams played each other twice before Coventry University came out on top.

Image may contain: Crowd, Human, Person

The Futsal team standing triumphant

Captain and Defender Dani Granato said: "It's been a crazy journey in the 5-a-side tournament.

"We entered as a way of increasing our fitness levels and developing our Futsal skills over the summer before the season kicked off."

She continued: "Arriving at the Liverpool heat as not only the underdogs but first-time entrants, we just went out and gave it our all and it paid off!"

"Now we're off to Brazil in three weeks and it's the most insane feeling. I'm so proud of the girls and how much we've achieved."

Image may contain: Man, Crowd, Brick, Girl, Smile, Sitting, Photography, Portrait, Photo, Costume, Laughing, Female, People, Shorts, Transportation, Automobile, Car, Vehicle, Face, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

A car park in Liverpool has never looked so good

She told The Coventry Tab: "This competition is a fast-paced and intense one because we could lose a player anytime if the opposition scores." Defender Lorena Caires Moreira also commented.

She continues: "It required full attention and full performance at every second. We played with our hearts and now we've made it to the global finals in Sao Paulo!!!"

The Global finals will be held in Instituto Projeto Neymar Jr Sao Paulo on 12-13th July.