Image may contain: Pants, Strap, Clothing, Apparel, Mammal, Dog, Pet, Canine, Animal, Human, Person

Police and drug dogs were seen outside Quids Inn and Kasbah this Friday

Apparently it was a part of a routine check

Multiple Coventry student hotspots were visited by a number of police and a sniffer dog this Friday as part of a city wide police operation.

Both Kasbah and Quids Inn were two locations with significant police presence this Friday, though allegedly officers visited all the pubs and bars in the Gosford Street area. Officers were pictured entering Quids Inn and stationed around the Kasbah queue, with a drug dog at hand.

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

When asked for comment, Quids Inn responded: "There was no incident as far as we are concerned, police informed it was part of a routine check.

"Whether they were looking for someone I do not know. They have been to all the pubs on the street, with a cute little sniffer dog. They walked in and out of Quids Inn within 10 minutes."

Image may contain: Pants, Clothing, Apparel, Strap, Canine, Dog, Animal, Mammal, Pet, Person, Human

Oh wow he is cute

Kasbah also commented: "It was a city wide thing and we were one of several venues visited last night."

It is currently unknown which other individual venues were visited or what caused this sudden city wide increase in police presence around the Coventry nightlife scene.

West Midlands police have been contacted for comment. We will bring you more information as we have it.

If you have any information you wish to share please email [email protected].