Cardiff Fashion Week starts next Monday

Here’s what you can expect to see

Next week, Monday 24th to Sunday 30th October, Cardiff is having its very own fashion week. There’s a whole load of things going on throughout the week, from sewing workshops to catwalk shows and a designer village.

The free workshops are going on all throughout next week, open to anyone, including denim, shirt and trouser up-cycling workshops, sewing workshops, clothes repair ‘surgeries’ , workshops for pockets, patches, collars and cuffs, clothes customizing classes and fashion masterclasses full of tips and tricks. They are held all around Cardiff, with loads in town at Capitol Shopping Centre. You can find more information about what’s on and when here .

CFW>LFW

Entry to the designer village is also free and they’ll have a range of clothes stalls, sewing classes, live demonstrations and beauty experts on Saturday 29th.

The end of the week will see the catwalk shows on Saturday, hosted by Capital FM presenter Polly James, and will be showcasing designer collections from different Welsh designers including ASOS Young Designer winner Kai Stewart and her line Jaxxon House.

You can read our interview with Kai here.

ASOS young design winner will have a catwalk show

USW fashion students and their collection of genderless fashion called ‘SELF’ and other Welsh designers will be showcasing alongside Kai at the catwalk shows at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm on Saturday 29th.

You can buy tickets here for £10 each.

USW students will reveal their genderless ranges