Rihanna cancels Cardiff gig at Principality Stadium

RiRi can’t come because of “logistical reasons”

Rihanna fans were disappointed to wake up to an email today that her upcoming concert at the Principality Stadium has been cancelled.  

RiRi was meant to be playing in the stadium on June 16th, but the show has been called off due to “logistical reasons beyond the tour’s control”. Ticket holders were told via email that they could swap their tickets for another date on the Anti World Tour in Coventry, Manchester or London, subject to availability.

The email was sent to ticket holders this morning

Live Nation confirmed the news on their website, saying: “Due to logistical issues, the Cardiff show has been cancelled. For more info, contact your ticket vendor.”

Third year English student, Lucie, who had tickets to go see Rihanna in Cardiff with her housemate,  said: “When we got the email we were heartbroken and so shocked. The thought of seeing RiRi at the end of exams was getting us through our final term. We’ve been listening to her new album ANTI in preparation for the tour and were absolutely gutted we won’t see The Weeknd now too! We’ve been offered a swap of tickets to Manchester, Coventry or Wembley but that’s not gonna work with accommodation and travel expenses.”