Former Cambridge undergrad Ken Cheng takes on Trump with hilarious thread attacking flags

Flagging up problems with… flags

american argument black lives matter Cambridge Comedy conflict flag flagging flags football jokes Ken Cheng nfl racism Student Trump tweets twitter undergrad USA

Ken Cheng, winner of the 2017 Edinburgh Joke of the Year, continues to make use of his comedic flair in a hilarious satirical attack on Trump.

Cheng's jokes were in rebuttal to Trump's recent slew of tweets attacking NFL players who were protesting in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Trump, rather than confronting the issues at hand, attempted to quash the protest by suggesting that new regulations should be brought in to prevent players from kneeling during the national anthem. According to him, kneeling is disrespectful to the American flag and the values it stands for.

In a follow-up tweet, he used his former catchphrase from The Apprentice, telling protesting players who "disrespect our Great American Flag (…) YOU'RE FIRED".

Cheng, who was a mathmo at John's before intermitting to become a professional gambler, responded with a 195 tweet thread disrespecting flags of "every country one by one", starting with the USA. All he had to say for the Star Spangled Banner was "god it's shite". He made a more nuanced point about the Union Jack, posing the question we never thought to ask but always should have, "What is this why are the red diagonals not even aligned".

Other hilarious tweets included Cheng's criticism of Italy: "ok italy [sic] this is just france [sic] but you know what the "fill" button is".

Once again Cheng has proven to be an exception to the rule: a hilarious mathmo.